Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Feliz Maria, que hora?

Hola!
Get used to seeing some Spanish sprinkled into my blog posts, because I think Spain might be my big adventure this summer! At first, I was going to fly out on a one way ticket and figure out what to do from there but good ol' Matt K. said he could get me out there for free, and by boat.

Sailing across the Atlantic...for free...to Spain...um whaaaat??

I better calm down, I can't jinx it yet. Nothing is set in stone, but I am already feeling excitement. I wanna dock near Gibraltar, see Seville, jump to Portugal right quick, then breeze through Madrid. Honestly I hope this trip includes me stowing away on a freight train to France for a little while too, but i dont know how feasible that is nowadays.

Maybe I'll stay for a bit, get an under the table job, make some acquaintances, and just relax. Nothing like the promise of the Mediterranean sand and pink Spanish sunsets to ease the torturous restlessness in a gray and forest-green freeze.

I need some more sundresses. And endurance training, since most of this will be biking, HAH. Travelling dirt poor is the only way to go!
><

No comments:

Post a Comment