Sunday, March 21, 2010

Albert Einstein.

  1. Follow Your Curiosity. "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
  2. Perseverance is Priceless. "It's not that I'm so smart; it's just that I stay with problems longer."
  3. Focus on the Present. "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
  4. The Imagination is Powerful. "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge."
  5. Make Mistakes. "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
  6. Live in the Moment. "I never think of the future - it comes soon enough."
  7. Create Value. "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
  8. Don't Expect Different Results. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  9. Knowledge Comes From Experience. "Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience."
  10. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better. "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
I'm a big fan of this excerpt. Naturally, I found it stumbling late at night, but it really struck a chord with me. It reminded me of things I should be doing and how I should be living. I remember when I used to daydream in class, want to experience anything and everything, and lived caring about what my plans were for later. Now, I tend to shy away from experiences because I wonder "what if" or think I won't be good at something. I stress about my future and am scared if I'll ever get there or if I'll do it right. It's smart to set goals and strive toward them, but even if I don't get exactly what I want, I need to accept it's not failure. It's life. It's a surprise. It's an opportunity. There is no way you can do life wrong, just do life. Life is something that goes on, and it's all how you decide to participate it in the day to day. So many people plan for the future, think ahead saying "when I grow up..." Well I am finally realizing that "grown up" doesn't mean a college degree or a career or a savings or a fancy car or my own place. I need a life of experience and do what I need to do for myself. Because all you can control is yourself, so I'm no longer going to live worrying about approval of things I choose to do. I would never choose something for myself that I thought wouldn't be a positive experience in some sense, so I'm going to just lay off and trust ME, and MY choices and intuitions.
First order of business, my health. I'm feeling better physically and I need to continue this trend. I'm going to eat healthy, but not limit anything I want. I'm going to exercise regularly, but by no set guideline or plan. I'm going to tan on occasion, but not to "get the glow", I just really enjoy the feeling and pick me up. It's an indulgence. Wow, I just reread this and even now I feel the need to justify my choices, how crazy! I'm writing to myself, I shouldn't be questioning what I'm deciding. Hmm, I feel another list coming on to check in and reacquaint me with myself.

Hi I'm Elaine. i like dogs. i like history. i like to play outside. i like to climb around in the woods. i like to read books in the sun. 80 degrees and slightly humid is a great day to me. i want to volunteer in an animal shelter. i want to travel the world and taste it's cuisines. i want to talk to people about their stories. i want to build a school in honduras. i want to teach english in Russia. i want my job to be pleasurable, to add to my life, not BE my life. MY life will consist of travel, animals, food, people, and writing. And hopefully someone who challenges me as a human; who pushes my limits spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, and physically. That's what I want/think about on a daily basis. It may change, but for now this is my desires and dreams and things I enjoy doing.

I used to be a cynical, senseless girl over the matter of love. Now I realize that it is the only emotion that makes people tick. They pursue things they love, be it people or jobs or money or whatever. I love late night blogging. i love my dogs. I love my family. I'm beginning to love myself. Soon, I'll begin to love and accept others, because I'm close to achieving it personally. I don't think I'll ever be a person who is ever quite "full of love" or maybe someone who quite falls in love, but I do feel it. Atleast I know I have that capability now. Interesting conclusion to come to...hmm I never knew I even had that thought kicking around. I do love, but n my own way. And seriously, everyone loves in their own way. Some do it out loud, full and passionate and everyone can see it and know it's there. I used to think I didn't love because I never felt the need to do that. But now I'm learning who I am and how I love. I guess it's quietly, a deep admiration and respect of someone or something that hold my boundless curiosity. And a sense of comfort and above all, trust. Trust is everything.

Well this was great, I really needed a check in again. Now I have to go out there and experience and take everything in so I can write it all down. I need documentation of my little revelations, I enjoy analyzing them. ::sighs:: What a load off my shoulders! And all because of a few Einstein quotes. Thanks again, Stumbleupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment